Though our hours and services are reduced, we’re still available and here to help you.
Talk to Us!
Ask a Librarian
- Get one-on-one online consultations or arrange for a librarian to provide remote instruction.
- Schedule a virtual consultation for statistical methods, quantitative research, data visualization, geospatial analysis and more. Email L-DATA-MGMT@lists.psu.edu.
- Search Bar Services offer a suite of peer-to-peer undergraduate student services including Peer Research Consultants, Writing Tutors, and Tech Tutors.
- Consulations are available online via Zoom.
In addition to our rich collection of online resources, we offer temporary access to:
- E-books and Other Course Materials - Resources for Students and Instructors & Designers
- Asian Studies Library Guide: Temporary Access to Databases (China Studies)
Penn State Resources
Spaces & Technology
- All visitors - vaccinated and unvaccinated - must wear masks in all library buildings at all locations.
- Reserve a seat in any of the group study rooms for individual use, for two hours per day, per person.
- Pattee/Paterno are open to the public on a reduced schedule.
- Hours at University Park Libraries and Campus Libraries
- The stacks at most library locations are open. Pattee and Paterno stacks reopened on August 1. Materials continue to be available through curbside pickup at some locations.
Renew & Return
- Due dates for semester loans have been extended through August 30, 2021. Please check My Library Account for your updated due dates.
- Please return Books and Interlibrary Loan materials to any Penn State University Libraries' book return. At University Park, the Pattee/Paterno Library book return is located at the East entrance on Curtin Road. Borrowers at other campus locations should use Ask a Librarian to see how to return materials at their respective campus. As of June 1, 2021, returned materials will no longer be quarantined. See the news article for details.
- Some materials are available through curbside pickup.
Residential delivery is also available through Interlibrary Loan.